Friday 11 January 2008

'Still Life II' Ancaster Stone 36x34x14ins.
This was a sculpture in stone I produced during my second year at Birmingham College of Art & Design and was exhibited in Manchester at the Northern Young Contemporaries in Manchester the same year. It was my first exploration of stone carving with power tools and now is sighted at the Royal Institute For the Blind in Birmingham.
'Still Life III' breezeblock 4x5x6feet.
This large assemblage carving in breezeblock was a real discovery in direct carving or me, it was the part of an Inter-Art College competition and I was fortunate enough to take it to the finals at The R.I.B.A. in london and come away as first prize winner, again when I was in my second year at college during my Fine Art degree.
'Still Life With Chain' Ancaster Stone 36x 34x18 ins.
Although this is a more complex piece of direct carving than the earlier pieces I made at college on reflection it was merely a demonstration of skill and nothing more at the time.

No comments: