Tuesday 28 June 2011

When my family and I were in Pennsylvania, U.S.A. for a year in 2007 I was an invited sculptor to the International Ridgeway Rendezvous Chainsaw Carving Competition. Living and working in Manheim I decided to carve something other than a bear or an eagle so I carved this tractor...I had intended it to have been in one large 5x5x5feet piece but I was limited by the wood available. Nearly 250 chainsaw carvers were there during the weekend mainly from the states but also from Germany, Japan and myself representing Great Britain so it was a proud moment for me and my family.


Artist and sculpture.


This is the house I was brought up.in Leeds and I carved a Yorkshire Rose in limestone as a memento of my happy childhood there.
'The Family Rose' Limestone 3x3x2feet.


...both my mum and dad had their own rose gardens to the left and right of where the sculpture is now sited.



No comments: